3.19.2009

Debutante

My Great-aunt Mae (the one in whose footsteps I once intended to follow) told my mom that our trailer is "cute."

As you view the ten-foot width, just remember that the way to life is narrow.



And our home, with its face to the camera (it's a bit longer than this).



You'll have to wait for pictures of the inside. En route, the trailer bowed down a bit in the center, so neither door would open. It didn't break in half, though! We need to level it with jacks, and then all you snapshot-greedy folks can have at the inside, too. It's even more sumptuous than the outside. (At least my nephews and nieces think so. Andy lifted them up to peek in a window, and they were impressed that "It EVEN has a CHAIR in there!")

That's right, a chair.
Top that, Mr. Trump!

I am excited about this move!

8 comments :

Liana said...

Yay! Pictures of your new home - I'm sure you'll have it looking mighty-fine once you have your way with it.

heidiann(e) said...

oh, it IS cute!
hooray for little homes!
maybe your rectangle little house can be friends with my round little house.
especially since it's mobile. it can come visit.

Griffen said...

Aunt Mae is SO right!
Elf Mabruuk!

Anonymous said...

Nice trailer. Looks pretty spiffy.

From my personal experience working on very old trailers, I have to say that added roof is a Very Good Thing. I once worked on an old trailer where the original roof had no overhang so water simply ran off the roof, down the walls, and rotted out the floor. Thus, the refrigerator inside the house was falling through the floor, and various other similar things.

sarah said...

I like it. Your little house in the medium-sized woods!

Michelle P said...

This new home looks strangely familiar to our old home... And we moved ours too, and the front door wouldn't open/shut right! If I didn't know better, I'd guess it is the same trailer. I'll have to send you a picture of our "move"--it was quite a sight! :)
So excited for you as you settle down in your new home!

Unknown said...

What an exciting time for all of you! Hope preparing your home and moving goes well! Can't wait to see what you do with your home!

Abigail said...

Thanks for the well-wishes, all! We still haven't made it inside, but soon. :)

Michelle,
I loved those pictures! Yours was twice the size of ours, but it's clear that they're close relations. Their shared stubborness in opening to new owners after we moved them is also proof. Siblings, perhaps?