9.17.2011

Frugal (Not-So)Fancy-pants #3

Even though this outfit is not terribly fancy, it's frugal, and, plus, it's all I have to offer you. Sundays are such a whirl that I always forget to take a picture of the truly Fancy.

Exibit A

Suggestion: Wear this outfit when you take your socially starved children Out and About for the day. It's suitable for carousels, custards, and playgrounds without losing its I'm-too-good-for-t-shirts appeal.




Black flats: hand-me-downs
Jeans: hand-me-downs
Black top: rummage sale
Gray hair wrap: the dollar store
Total:
@ $1.15 (the tax, you know)

Optional accessories:
1. Snobbish squint: cost- congenital cataracts that make it impossible to open one's eyes outdoors (I'd give you mine if I could)
2. Your Very Own Lucinda: cost- impossible (Sorry, but this one's mine for keeps.)








Exibit B


Suggestion: Wear this outfit for a few days until it's broken in and then wear it for a few more.





Sandals: a gift
Dirty jeans: rummage sale
Dirty shirt: hand-me-down
Dirty sweatshirt: rummage sale
Total cost: about 25 cents

Optional Accessories
1. The Aforementioned Squint: Equally at home with slobs and fashionistas; cost- cataracts free at birth
2. A Big Basket of Freshly-dug Onions: basket cost- 10 cents; onion cost: a small fee for onion sets + labor
3. Dirt- Comes free with the onions and digging labor


Aaaand, a new feature on Frugal Fancy-pants.
Side by side comparison.

No comments :