9.17.2011

Labor-free

I took these pictures on September 1st, which was the last time I picked up my camera, so this is as recent as I can give you. I have nothing for the last 2 and a half weeks-- not one drop.

My brother Pete, friend-in-law Sarah, and their boys were in town for Labor Day weekend, and we had them over for supper. As soon as I pulled out the camera, Simeon's eyes lit up and he began making silly faces. That boy is the cutest little ham I've ever met.




The reason I pulled out the camera is because the children were putting on a musical show that was just too good to miss.






Simeon forewent the instruments, instead using his considerable clowning powers to amuse the audience.





The aforementioned audience...




Pete and Sarah's youngest is a beauty. Little Henry Joy-joy.



The show lasted quite some time and underwent various permutations. Here, Haven recites a Robert Louis Stevenson poem while playing the violin (but Henry's expression is what distracted me). CHARGE!






He has a few drops of elfin blood, that one.








My girls aren't so elfish, but I like them heaps.



Mama-love.





Debbie, that child-charmer, read poetry with Mildred, and everyone gathered round like flies.



Oops. Sorry. He kept distracting me.



I like this picture because of Haven's flip on the left.



Millie reading a R.L.S. poem. Aunt April, if you're reading this, that's the book you gave her as a baby and inscribed, "To Millie: future poetess." She treasures that book, so thank you!


2 comments :

Sarah said...

Love it! Love it, love it, love it!

Abigail said...

Love your family! Love, love, love them!