11.06.2018

B.I.D.: The Lollipop Guild





These poor kiddos were the last of the last costumes, right before we had to leave. I made all the shorts and Piper's shirt and then just grabbed dress shirts for the other two. I ran out of fabric for Pip's shirt because I was cutting on the bias (again), and there was no way the fabric I had set aside for Aidan and Skylark would stretch enough. Greenhorn error. (Not that I had time to sew the other two shirts, anyway!) I just cut out collars from felt and hot-glued on velcro and buttons instead of properly sewing. It was rushed and crazy, and you know what? I think Aidan is my favorite of all of us. Just look at him and try not to grin, I dare you.







IRRESISTIBLE.





Millie made Piper's wig, bless her heart. She used this idea (that same genius lady!) to make it, using an old pair of stockings and craft horse hair someone gave us a while ago.






Millie also cut out slipper shapes, but not soles, from brown felt, and I hot-glued them onto shoes. It peeled off easily when the night was done, which was perfect.








We paid three dollars total for the three outfits-- three lollipops from the dollar store because, for Pete's sake, Lollipop Kids need lollipops.  And they need cute, little twists to their mouths.
That, too.





3 comments :

Liana said...

Again, absolutely love it!

Abigail said...

Thank you!

Rebecca said...

Excellent lollipop kids! Aidan seemed to step right out of the movie. That hair! That twisty, squinty grin!