11.29.2018

Real Time


Due to having little sleep, heaps of candy, and coffee (which I generally avoid due to my fickle ticker), and to offset the despondency that tends to pool on gray days, I decided to go slogging for the first time in over a month.

While puffing down our road, I was plenty warm, but coming back inside our heated house, I was freezing, so I dressed as I always do....for the arctic.

We were given a coat on Sunday that is lightweight, comfortable, and toasty warm.* Its only downside is that it may look like a garbage bag. I don't like it off me, but when I put it on, as I just voiced aloud to Mildred, "I feel strangely fashionable."

"Oh, boy, Mama," she replied without hesitation and without glancing up from her mathematics book, "You're so fashionable, I can barely stand it."

Teenagers.
Middle-aged mothers.
What is this world coming to?

See?  Strangely fashionable.





*With thanks to Mitzi, our long-time benefactor, who has made me classy indoors again. Bathrobes no more! Puffy jackets all the way.


7 comments :

Abigail said...

For the record, I am wearing a long-sleeved shirt and a fleece vest underneath that jacket, and I'm still going to look for my hat right now. At least I'm avoiding the mittens for now.

Abigail said...

p.p.s.
Aunt Karen!
I feel guilty putting up this silly, little post with the backlog mountain looming behind me, but at least it's something! More to come, you know, someday.

Abigail said...

And now I need a p.s. because I jumped straight to the p.p.s. without the necessary forerunner.

p.s.
If anybody reads these comments, here's a handshake! You deserve better.

cadie said...

Sounds like something Deirdre would say! Or at least, something rather sarcastic-sounding in that vein ;-)

Abigail said...

Aha! Now I know who to blame.
Surely the fault lies not in my sarcastic nature that has rubbed off on Mildred-- no, indeed.

IT'S ALL DEIRDRE'S FAULT.

Sarah Tate said...

I think you’re Uber fashionable. And as a fellow middle-aged mother, I should know.

Abigail said...

I hereby appoint you my Chief Validator and Supporter of Middle-aged Non-Frumpy Frump.

And I'm letting Mildred know that I am stylish.
(Tho' I did let the garbage bag coat go and am back to my bathrobe....so much more fashionable.)