10.19.2019

August Was for Green and Growing




















 




(picture by Birdie)












(picture by Birdie)


August was also for sleepovers stacked on top of sleepovers, cookouts, swimming, visiting, visitors, vegetables-- fistfuls, bowlfuls, shirtfuls, and wagonfuls-- and so much dervish whirling that these snapshots only touch the half of it.

My whole self is slowing and settling into colder days and slower rhythms. It's odd to scroll through all these photos. They make me tired, but we enjoyed August, packed to the brim as it was with good.

September soon.

Maybe.



2 comments :

Rebecca said...

I see you still have an affinity for rodentia.

Even after moving to an old farmhouse.

(WEIRDO.)

Abigail said...


Well, that one was on the chimney 2 feet away from my head, scared stiff, when I looked up and noticed it, so it received the royal treatment of being let outside. (It was the second baby that was paralyzed with fear upon discovery within a space of days. We let the other one go, too.)

We've had the guys here all week working on the kitchen, and when they moved the dishwasher, they found lots of nesting material, as well as finding that the wires had been chewed nearly clean through. Dude came and informed me that we have a "major mouse problem." I almost laughed. Sigh. Tell me about it. And welcome to country living!