10.19.2019

Leftovers



I had twins for a couple of days.





Here is Zeke's note to the Tooth Fairy on the occasion of the loss of his first tooth. Literally, he LOST his first tooth.




I loved this pair of drawings that Lucinda and Zeke drew simultaneously. It was like a live-action, interactive drawing, with them drawing characters as they told a story about them, fighting through their illustrations.







I ran across these papers when I was cleaning. Mom gave them to me after Dad died and told me about how she and Dad had planned on moving into the Old Homestead as newlyweds. They visited it with a builder, walked through the rooms, dreamed a little, and she drew up these plans with desired renovations. The man advised against it, though, saying that for the cost of renovations, they could just get a modular. That's what they did, and I grew up in the little, yellow house down the road because of it. Now, however, I understand why Mopsy was so vicariously happy when we moved into the Old Homestead ourselves.  Old dreams made new.






Here are the children on our belated Thank Goodness We're Done with the Despicable IOWA Tests Party. Klondike bars and a couple hours on the Rail Trail is where it's at.














I didn't get a single picture of your sleepover, Candida, so I'm slapping this on here because I came across it the other day, and it made me smile.






The rest are crummy phone pictures. Blecch.

Many children at the pond. I spent the entire hour and a half counting heads over and over and over again.







Fewer bodies this time around means not as many heads to count.





Aidan's best phone selfie out of 20 or so.



Park and pizza and Annika's head.















Ethan and Anna got married! Ethan hasn't made it back from Alaska for several years, and it was surreal and a marvel to stay up way past bedtime to watch their marriage real-time, live-streamed from a little church thousands of miles away. What a privileged age we live in!









1 comment :

Rebecca said...

That blueprint from your Mom is SO NEAT! That you dreamed the exact same dreams at one point... just so neat.