10.19.2019

The Day Before the Big Party


We celebrated Birdie's big thirteenth year in August and started preparing for guests the day before, focusing on the most important things first.

Dessert and messes: 




And animal ears, because what's the use of a party without animal ears?  (I won't mention that Susannah and Annika made only three sets of ears before petering out, leaving me to make the other nine-- necessary and vitally important!-- ears in the wee hours of the morning. I won't even think about mentioning that because the three pairs of ears they DID make were stellar.)

Annika kept laughing over how their ears reflected their personalities. Susannah's were lovely and elegant; Annika's were wild and wacky. Ah, these days. I will miss these days.





















While I was outside taking a zillion pictures of bunnies, Skylark was keeping a Most Careful Watch over the cupcakes and cakes Mildred has just baked.

Good girl.






2 comments :

Liana said...

13!? Susannah's looks have changed so; she's such a beautiful, exquisite young lady! I LOVE the one picture of her smiling in the one picture (she's looking up) with Annika (who has her eyes closed).

Abigail said...

I KNOW! Where on earth is that chubby little Moon Face?! I never imagined her baby chub would melt away into elegance.