10.19.2019

The Eldest Turns 17



This Mildred-girl is so lovely and grown that my heart hurts at times. Thank goodness she's still goofy enough to try to foil me by blowing out her breakfast birthday candle a good half-dozen times while we sang.




I know August was crazy, but, really, now, I have pictures of a morning birthday girl at the breakfast table and then pictures of an evening birthday girl with  her dessert, and that's it. She and I share an appreciation for good food, though, so perhaps it's appropriate.





FAKER.







And here she is that night, full of enchiladas and ready to cut into two (accidentally smoked) chocolate-toffee-coffee cheesecakes.







I don't express often enough to this girl how precious she is. As she's grown, she's retained the qualities that made her so special as a little girl, only they've blossomed and flourished into something even greater.

What a gift you are and always will be, Mildred Elise. Apart from your abilities as my right-hand girl, you have so much in you that we cherish. Your deep love and care for those around you, even when you struggle to express it, your stubborn nature that now serves well to stand for truth, your tenderness to God's little creatures and to children, and as I listen, your voice raised in sweet and clear worship in the kitchen, at this moment as I type.

May our Father continue to guide you true and grow you strong through all the knots and tangles of this world. We love you, Bumpkin!






1 comment :

Rebecca said...

She's a beauty, through and through.