12.28.2006

The Straw


I know I've overloaded your camel's back today, but this couldn't wait.

You remember the baby above-- the one with scrawny, chicken legs? Tonight she took her first tentative steps, and because you all are breathless with excitement, I give The Moment, as follows:

I'm dialing my mother's number to talk business.
Ring, ring, ring, and so on.

Mopsy: Hello?
Me: Erk! Urrrg! Susannah! She's taking a step! Ahhh! And ANOTHER one! Oh....she's falling.

There was a giant (to her) rumple sticking up in the throw rug that caught her off guard, and she struggled to step over it for a few moments before crashing to the earth. Just wait. Soon, rumples or no, her plump, mutton legs will carry her all over the world.

Three cheers for the Bird!

13 comments :

Liana said...

Hip hip HOORAY!

Anonymous said...

Oh! How wonderful...Sometimes I just can't wait to have babies.

Rebecca said...

Congratulations to missy Sussanah! And now...what to do about those stairs?!?!

Abigail said...

Kate,
I wonder why you're having those dreams about 3 babies that frighten Jordon, hm?

Anonymous said...

Yay, Susannah! Timothy has also done the teetering, one step dance. It won't be long before we'll have to buy some running shoes to keep up with all three of 'em!

Michelle

heidiann(e) said...

chirp, chirp, chereeee!!!

Griffen said...

WOW!! That's very advanced, I think?!!
My memory has holes. One of the reasons I keep a blog:)
Elf Mabruuk to Suzannah.

Michelle P said...

I need to see this walking wonder!

Kelly said...

YAY Susannah!

Wendy said...

Hooray for plump mutton legs!!! I have to admit to you...every time I look at the pictures of your girls on your blog...I can't help but wish I grew up in this family...it reminds me so much of my own childhood...only your girls look like they are having way more fun than I did!!! I love it!!

Abigail said...

I don't think it's abnormally advanced...? Millie took first steps by this time (but remained clumsy for months and months); Annika was walking well and had almost given up on crawling by this point, so Susannah's in her dust. Little John Terry, on the other hand, was walking at 7 months. Now that's advanced! (Thank goodness my little leg o' mutton wasn't...)

Wendy,
Before you drink a backwards-time-turning potion and come a'knockin' at our door, remember that blogs are only a sliver of the whole. I prefer to show the fun slivers... :)

Anonymous said...

So John finally walked, huh? I'll have to do something about that. by the way. with my new cell phone i have no number except for skype which doesn't call you. give me a number.

Rebecca said...

I just email you Abby. I post this as an assurance that you WILL read it and soon. Time is tick, tick, ticking away and I am always in a race to catch up...