8.10.2007

At Home and Abroad

Do androids dream of electric squash? Alex does, but as far as I know, she's not an android.





Anna cheerfully tugged, pulled, and carried corpses.




We roasted marshmallows again, only this time a little bit less messy (e.g. Susannah was already asleep for the night).



And we went to the Broome County Fair on Free Gate Day. We did not receive any free gates, but they did let us into the gate without us paying admission first. Millie was treated to two rides, courtesy of a generous aunt and uncle. Annie rode one ride, too, but her head didn't show above the side!


Millie and Anna:







Millie and Alex, riding on the exact roller coaster that I used to ride at the Broome County Fair when I was her age. The fair used to have a day when one could ride all day for $5.00. I think it's $12 now, and they still have the exact rides I enjoyed 20-some years ago.





3 comments :

heidiann(e) said...

wow... those are OLD rides....

are they falling apart at the bolts?

(wink.)

Rebecca said...

Wow! Millie is BRAVE! I don't even ride that!

well, that doesn't say much....

Abigail said...

Hey, now!