8.10.2007

Berry Bust

We went strawberry picking at the tail end of the season and were greatly disappointed. We did pick a giant bowl of berries, but it took us hours, and we didn't have enough to make strawberry jam, which means we'll have to mooch some from Mopsy this year.


A kind family gave us a big bag of clothes for the girls, and Millie jumped on this bonnet as soon as she spied it. Just the week before, she'd been wishing aloud for a bonnet "like Laura has," and I'd planned to make one for her birthday. No longer! She loves it and wears it in play, berrypicking, and, occasionally, to church.




This funny face found a funny-shaped berry.



And this little lass found a flower.


2 comments :

Anonymous said...

We missed most of the strawberry season due to negligence as well. So sad. We did get enough for a couple batches of strawberry ice cream, but little enough to make us (or, at least, me) make rash vows of not missing it next year.

Abigail said...

Good- I'm not the only dummy! I'm still kicking myself and have made a few rash vows of my own.