8.10.2007

One Wedding, Many Lanterns, No Picture



Those two weddings I mentioned? Well, the first was a beautiful wedding in Buffalo, and we rejoiced to witness our friends Ben and Amy bind their lives together. We saw lots of college friends and enjoyed good company, and I took about a dozen pictures, none of which included a picture of the married two. Yep, none. As a peace offering, I present a blank-faced couple. Amy asked that I provide a coloring page for guests to color in during the reception. So, print this off and color in Ben and Amy's features (or, if they're strangers to you, what you imagine their features to be). Good luck!

Here are those snapshots I did take. The wedding was utterly lovely down to the smallest details, but I only got pictures of the lanterns and pummeling of the pinata. Forgive me.


Holly and Dora! It's been a while since I saw either one of these beauties.




Annika and Unkel Wirrel (even at weddings, they harrass him):



Some lanterns!





Okay, I couldn't stop staring at these two curly-topped, little boys. They are Amy's nephews, and, yes, I did try to discuss the bride price.




Nephew One:






Nephew Two:


Heidi and Millie:




The Candy Dam burst! Please note my two girls front and center. If candy grew in the forest, they would be the world's most renowned foragers. We ate candy all the way home and into the following week.



Annika and nephew #2 were playing together. The picture looks falsely idyllic; I warned them not to swing the rackets at each other like broadswords, but five minutes later, Annie came running with a bloody, swollen lip. That girl...





We'd planned to drive around our old haunts in Depew after the wedding, but we didn't end up leaving on our long drive home until almost ten o'clock. So, here are two old haunts, which I viewed with a heavy heart.

Sigh number one: our old upper apartment in Depew is completely empty and up for sale.



Sigh number two: Frank's Place is boarded up and barren.


3 comments :

Liana said...

yay - words, pictures, and things to build my belly!

Rebecca said...

That looks like a fun-tabulous time. The most fun wedding I have heard of...

Well, it DID lack a candy buffet and clowns...

Michelle P said...

oohhh...so tempting you are Abigail...such a beautiful wedding with so many beautiful people...and only 10 pictures! :( i should be thankful for the 10, and of course i am, but oh how they make me want to see more!) my imagination is just not good enough to picture the beauty at this wedding...although your adorable coloring page did help my imagination a little. any idea of where other pictures of this great day might be floating around on the blogosphere?