2.07.2008

A Blaze of Phonics Glory

A few days ago, instead of rereading one of her school primers- one that neither of us really liked-- I impulsively picked up a book from the shelf next to us. I haven't read them the Little Bear books since last spring or summer probably, but Millie made the immediate choice for Little Bear instead of Dan of the Den. I don't blame her. Little Bear was loads more fun.

I rarely take any videos of the girls and often forget that my camera even has that capability, but I was so excited to see her reading it that I remembered the video with a jolt. This clip is especially for Grandma Owen, who is too far away to hear her read in person. To explain Millie's beginning comment, I stopped recording to tell her to stop laughing, because she kept pausing at all the funny parts to spend a minute laughing the most painfully artificial laughter ever. You'll see that she couldn't refrain from one last, short laugh, though, to make sure Grandma caught the joke.

(And the enunciation-- oh, the enunciation!)

6 comments :

Rebecca said...

Aw shucks.

For some reason, it says "We're Sorry, this video is no longer available."

I know I am not Grandma Owen but I sure would have loved to see it!

Laura said...

You are doing a great job teaching this little bug! She is a great reader. My husband and I want kids right away,(we have not been successful as of yet) and he watched it with me yesterday, and when it was done, he said...

"let's have one of those."

more cute!

Abigail said...

Rebecca,
Dern it, it sure is available! I don't know what to do to allow you to watch it, but it's nothing special, apart from the fact that it's of MY DAUGHTER MILDRED READING LITTLE BEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, it's pretty special.

Laura,
Just one? Go for the gold! :)

rachel said...

Oh Abby, Your girls are SO cute!!! I was just home from Seattle and your mother was saying something about your blog. So I re-found it, and linked it to mine. And I'm so glad to be able to see your girls. My nieces are cute too! :)

xo

Abigail said...

I'll bet they are! The last time I saw them (too long ago, I add), they were beauties, and I'm sure they've only grown more so since them.

I'm glad you found this spot again, and I hope all's well!

Abigail said...

um. since then.