2.19.2008

No Going Back

Notice anyone different? Susannah's potty-trained, recently weaned, and really happy to be finally out of the pack and play and sleeping in a new room. She sleeps in a makeshift trundle bed-- a mattress that we slide under the bed when it's not in use-- and she loves it.


John and I do, too, but it feels odd to be in a room all by ourselves, a thing that's not been since we were newlyweds.


I'm still nagged by the feeling that something's wrong at night, kind of like I was when the girls moved into another room after we moved from Buffalo, until I realize that it's the absence of children next to our bed, and then I grin. I miss having all of us tumbled together on mattresses on the floor, but there's something to be said for talking without fear of waking up a child a'slumber.

2 comments :

Rebecca said...

Your quilt stash is enviable.

Have your children ever heard The Quiltmaker's Gift? It is a winning book, you should read it.

They would understand just how lovely quilts are more than any other children I know.

Abigail said...

Don't I know it! I love their quilts and my mopsy.

The girls haven't read it, but I saw it over at Becky's and drooled! It's gorgeous.