2.28.2008

Linked

Today all four of us smushed into the armchair while Millie read to us, and Susannah fell asleep in my lap. This is a rare and lovely event indeed, but as it was lunchtime, it placed me in a small quandary. (Ah, the grave dilemmas I face!) Millie suggested that she and Annie hold Susannah while I go prepare lunch, and the excellence of that idea brought about this.



While I heated up the stew, I came out to see that Millie had transferred Susannah to the arms of a Nixie.



But it was done with the intent that she could then have her greedy turn alone a few minutes later.




During all the quiet commotion and jouncing love, Susannah slept.





And look at those sweet, newly two-year old hands relaxed in sleep.


6 comments :

Full of Grace said...

I Loved the Beautiful Cake, The Beautiful Photos of Your Beautiful Girls and the Wonderful Party Pictures. Happy 2nd Birthday dear Susannah- I can't believe you are already 2!!! :)

Rebecca said...

Knowing that armchair myself, I can understand your statement 'smushed'. It's the best smushed in the world, though, tis true?

Such dear photos. Love the one of Millie. Love the one of the hands (the texture of her jeans is COOL!) and love the kissy face one.

Precious moments never to be forgotten.

Laura said...

Amazing pics of your sweeties!

heidiann(e) said...

those are so sweet.

and i am AMAZED that susannah could sleep through all those transferrals!

sharon said...

Heidi commented exactly as I thought-
so so sweet!!!!

And that's a mighty sleep!!!

Michelle P said...

I love how much Millie is a little Mama...in the first one with all 3 of them, her posture is so caring & motherly...she learns from the best!