7.17.2008

More!

I think that the phrase, "It's the thought that counts" is stupid when it comes to my thoughts. I have lots of thoughts-- enough to spare-- but few actually make it out of my head, so carving out the will and time to implement the thoughts should probably be worth more than the thought itself. I know it's silly and vain to electronically display every little thing one makes, but when one makes so few....well, give me a break.

I made two baby gifts before Piper arrived. The gifts were for babies who were nearly a year old and were to celebrate the occasion of their birth. (Yup. Late follow-through again. I'm really good at it.)

The babies are first cousins to each other-- Selah Paix and John Fox-- and were born a month or two apart.





I cut out fabric, machine-sewed it onto the onesies, and then embroidered their names. It didn't take long, and I have no excuse for it taking a year.





Now, if I can only make some for my nephews Simeon and Nicholas before they're a year old, I'm good to go.

4 comments :

sharon said...

we love these SOOOOO much. so much.

we both get many amazed and appreciative comments on these shirts- jack is super-adorable in his...

and piper will still be getting a package, but i have to replace some pre-baby things with some post-baby things!

we love them. love.
and you too.

sarah and rosie

w. said...

i have seen selah in this shirt... LIVE... and she looks darling in it.

Anonymous said...

Is the little boy's name Jack or John? ;) Or is he named one and called the other? Either way the shirts are absolutely adorable!

Abigail said...

Yeah! A joint comment! That made me very happy because I pictured the two of you, heads down, reading together, and it just seemed right...like a rousing two-sister chorus of Lemontree filling a Houghton cafeteria.

Nona,
Lucky. I'd decorate a few dozen onesies for more than an electronic taste of that pearly girl. (Well, I'd plan to decorate the onesies. It might take me a decade or two to actually execute the plan.)

Leah,
He's got a great name (they both do!). The first part of his full name is John Fox, but he's called Jack. (Hey, if Clive Staples can do it...)