7.17.2008

Volunteer Fireman


I've chosen to not use pacifiers with any of our girls, tho', in dire need of sleep, I once tried to get Susannah to take one. (She screwed up her face and spit it out repeatedly, to my dismay.)

As the fourth child, Piper is our guinea pig. Of late, she squirms and squawks in the evenings and at night. I call her our little dirigible because she struggles so regularly with gas at these times. So, instead of sucking on her fingers or her Papa's finger while her Mama catches some sleep, John asked if we had a pacifier in the house.

She sometimes likes it during these moments, and I like the sleep. Onward, ho!

Since I don't want to use the pacifier unless it's needed, which has ended up being once every day or two, and because Susannah's the most helpful of Little Mothers, I have to constantly stop her from plugging up Piper's mouth any hour of the day. Yesterday, with a tone of great concern, she came to me and repeated, "Piper...Fire truck. N'yah? [Yes?]" over and over and over. She then showed me this. The PaciFireTruck-- her solution to any trouble that Piper may have.


I immediately wanted to draw a comic of a baby sucking on a giant fire truck, but no one would have gotten the joke but me and Susannah.

No comments :