7.17.2008

Received with Joy


On her three-week birthday, Piper was baptised in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. May God hold her all the days of her life, and may she willingly accept the path He set for her before time began. Please pray for John and I, that we raise her faithfully in the fear and admonition of her Lord, and that she grows in faith as she grows in size.

I didn't take the camera to church, but here she is at home later that afternoon. Thank you, Elizabeth, for the beautiful dress! The gown I used with Susannah swallowed Piper whole, but this scrap of sweetness fit her perfectly.


Tragically, the bloomers she borrowed from Susannah's baptism gown didn't fit so well.



Why do you do what you do to me? I wish I knew.... (ooh-la-la)



Here she ponders my snapshotting and the ridiculous size of her bloomers some more. Hmmm. WHY?



Yawn. (Babies have notoriously short attention spans.)


But then, again... Why, oh why, do you do what you do to me?



3 comments :

Full of Grace said...

I was so happy to see that the dress I gave you was used for such a WONDERFUL celebration! It made me feel honored, really really truly! It's amazing that tiny dress fit Piper at 3 weeks :) She will have fun looking back at that when she is bigger :) She looked so sweet!

Unique Gowns said...

How sweet ! She is so adorable ! Dana

Michelle P said...

I love the pensive face! :)