7.17.2008

With A Purpose

The impetus for our picnic was a pressing need for me to gather sticks to finally turn this dead bird into this one.




It was sent to this girl, who as my dear friend knows better than to expect things in a timely fashion. I sent it with a pillow on the occasion of her birthday, a joyful day perfectly suited for Very Late Gifts. I was supposed to make this gift a year and a half ago for a yurt-warming gift, and then a bit later for an anniversary gift, and then after that for a Christmas gift. Finally, four days before her birthday, I thought I should probably start it.

Here's the pillow, stuffed full of fond wishes for a warm yurt-happy anniversary- merry Christmas-blessed birthday.


It's not perfect, but it's done. And that's saying something!

3 comments :

Michelle said...

It is beautiful, Abby! :)

Michelle P said...

It looks great, and I can't even imagine how you had time to make it (I guess having 4 little ones somehow gives you more time?!?)...i can't think about it too much or else I start feeling guilty...All the good intentions I've had, that make it only as far as my brain! :) Anyways, the picture and pillow look beautiful...I'm sure they will look wonderful in their yurt!

Abigail said...

Thanks!

We just saw them yesterday for the first time in way too long, and these fit in with all the other squirrel and chickadee gifts they've been given. I told her I think it's funny that they're cutting back to the basics, and everyone can't resist giving them more themed stuff!

And don't feel bad about the pillow. It only took 2 or 3 days to make, and that with occasionally feeding starving girls and such; plus, the day I appliqued the shapes onto the squares in Nanticoke, my parents were feeding those starving girls for me.