5.08.2007

Better Be Forgotten

I knew I'd seen the tree in that kite paint-a-doodle somewhere before, so today I shuffled through my pile of junk doodles and found the slapdash Christmas card I mailed out two or three years ago.


Right behind the Christmas card, I found some roadkill.


I painted this for Heidi about two (three?) years ago when I first heard she was finding uses for dead roadfinds, and I intended to write a letter on it. When I saw how malformed the poor, little bird was, though, I stuffed it away to be found today, two (three?) years later. Happy roadside-finding, Heidi!

(*Sorry for the edit, Matt. My RSS feed isn't malfunctioning...)

3 comments :

heidiann(e) said...

oohhhh.... i LOVE it!!!!

thank you!

so much love to you!

Griffen said...

Both are lovely. I especially love the top bending tree. The colors are good, but there's something about lines of black on white that best say what needs saying.

Abigail said...

Heidi,
If you want the poor thing, it's yours. I can tuck it in with your yurt-warming gift that I haven't even started yet.

Sandy,
I sometimes prefer color but end up working with just pen and ink because it's less complicated. I don't have to move off the couch to get more supplies...