5.08.2007

Excess on a Sunday Afternoon


It's silly, really. I go a week and a half without taking even one picture, and then I take ten pictures of absolutely nothing in the space of a few seconds. Here are twenty from this past Sunday.


In between services at church, the girls like to munch and swing.



Most of all, this one likes to explore.


Sitting on a windowsill.


On the way home from church, I mentioned to John that my coupon for free birthday cream from Coldstone expired the next day. I dozed off, and when I awoke, we were on our way there (it's about 20 minutes from our house, so it's a mini-jaunt, but worth it).

We all shared a Berry Berry Berry Good, and it's so close to perfection, I don't know if I'll ever get anything else. John and I shared spoonfuls while he drove to the grocery store, and the girls ate the rest once we arrived. Here Susannah is, licking up the last few drops. (And here's where the excess blooms...)


She was interested as Millie and Annie ate their share.



Then her turn came.





What was the verdict?


I'd say positive. (Susannah's the only of our girls who smiles as much with her lips pressed together as she does with teeth revealed. This is a classic little bird-mouth grin.)



But let's not forget the teeth...


And then she said, " 'Ere" and passed the empty container to me.



When we got home, they played outdoors.

Millie kept putting Susannah midway up the slide so she could barrel on down.


I executed a flawless "funny hands" dance move near the swingset.


They searched for treasure.


And made my lap their stockpile.



Millie closely inspected this small feather before requesting that I "teep it safe" for her.


And they sought out the lone mud puddle in our driveway.




Millie called, "Why don't you join us, Mom?" So I did.


Here lies The End.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hooray for mud and dresses, and especially for Susannah's smile, which no camera can ever truly capture. After seeing her heart-melting smile first hand, I can no longer be fully satisfied with a cheap imatation. I don't know what I ever did to make her want to smile at me, but it sure was nice.

Rebecca said...

Love the threesome in matching pale pink.

Love the studious expression on your Millie's face.

And love that you joined in on the mud-splash fest. That last picture is so neat.

I think it perfectly fit that the Laundrymat photos follow! :-)