5.29.2007

Matinee

I watched three of Becky's children while she took the twins and Cassie to the doctor's office and errand-running. After four hours of playing indoors and outside, I broke down and let them watch a movie, and then I took way too many pictures. They were still and oblivious, though. It was an impossible combination that I found too tempting to resist. And please remember that I've already defended their perpetually grubby faces.








They're so tense here, which is funny because the movie they were watching was about Kermit. His friends had been kidnapped by a science teacher, but still...



During one especially terrifying sequence involving frog puppets, Millie leapt off the couch, instinctively making this gesture.



These little girls were too sleepy to care much about the fate of the frogs.





I like that she's holding her doll's hand.



Hannah






They swap expressions.









Tommy, the Lone Boy



Susannah found his sprawl quite convenient as a sippy cup holder.


4 comments :

Anonymous said...

That last one made me grin, because it's just the sort of thing I could imagine a one-year-old doing.

Griffen said...

I love how they are all being so tender with their babies.
We don't have many babies in our house. Lilee needs a sister to show her what to do with one....

Rebecca said...

I think it is funny (and more than a bit scary) to see how kids become so entranced with movies.

It cracks me up when kids gasp and cover their mouths at a scary part.

Abigail said...

Watching them be swallowed entire makes me glad that they only watch movies infrequently, but it was kind of funny.