5.08.2007

LunaKnIT


Quite a few of my friends are crazy in one way or another. Titi, however, has her own brand of crazy. She showed up for what I thought was a casual visit, but she sprang a regular birthday bonanza on me, replete with socks, cheesecake, and green eggs.


Here's the cheesecake. It's chocolate Mocha, high as the sky, decadent as all get out, and low-fat, to boot.


She's knit two things before in her life-- a scarf for her father when she was about nine years old (which we both agree doesn't really count) and a pair of socks for herself about a month ago-- before she moved on to a pair of stop-in-your-tracks socks for me. I'm impressed with her fearlessness in stubbornly taking on projects for which she's not put in the requisite hours of practice and depressed by the swiftness with which she acquires new skills. Just take a look at these beauties.

Stripes are all around, tulips are on the heels, and she even hand-dyed the yarn with kool-aid! They fit perfectly, and are the most comfortable pair of socks I own.

The only problem is that they're almost too perfect to wear.
I feel as if I should frame them, instead.





5 comments :

Anonymous said...

Don't frame them, don't frame them! Those socks were knit to be worn, trust me. If you wear them out, I'll knit you another pair twice as wonderful.

I love Millie's face in the cake picture. I'm not sure you fully comprehended how badly she wanted to pick off each of those chocolate chips, one by one.

heidiann(e) said...

holy cow WOW!!!

no one has ever seen anything like these.

Griffen said...

Happy tax day, far far too late. I like you're OOOOOOOOooooohhh face when you open the treasure socks. Wear them to pieces so she'll make you more!!

Rebecca said...

Those socks are amazing! AMAZING.

The tulips...wow. Rock on!

And cheesecake?!? Why do you tempt me so?!?

Abigail said...

Low fat cheesecake means you can eat twice as many slices, which I did. I'll try to get the recipe for you.

The socks won't be worn this summer, because I don't wear socks (or shoes, for the most part) in the summer, but when fall pokes its head out, I'll break out the tulip socks and wear them thin.