5.12.2007

An Apology



I apologize for not being sorry that this went into my belly instead of yours. John had one of his occasional drives to New York yesterday, and since the girl he drives down isn't doing well enough to walk many blocks, he dropped her, her mother, and a coworker off at the bakery instead of going inside himself. He asked them to pick up two gingerbread alligators and something that a woman would like. They nailed it.

Thin chocolate layer wrapped around the sides but none on the bottom (a marvel in itself), and then working upwards: cake layer on bottom, layer of heavenly cream with chocolate flecks, layer of strawberries, another layer of heavenly cream, and a glazed strawberry on top.

I want some right now. If anyone knows the name of this decadent delight, please comment. I want to make some RIGHT NOW.

2 comments :

Rebecca said...

I give it about a week before you not only duplicate this-but surpass it. I anxiously await the recipe on Buildabelly!

Abigail said...

Don't I wish that were true...