5.29.2007

Worth Eating


This isn't a great snapshot, but the story behind it is, to me at least. The night after Mother's Day, John was fiddling around in the kitchen while I put the girls to bed, but I didn't think anything of it because, unlike my dad, John's not a stranger to loaf pans, pots, spices, dishwater and the like (love you, Dad). After I'd kissed and tucked the girls off to sleep, John called me into the kitchen, and I saw these. Then I ate quite a few (no need to tell just how many...).

John knew that Mother's Day had stretched me thin and that chocolate covered strawberries were the ticket to recovery. I laughed when I saw that he'd printed off and followed a recipe for them before asking if he'd googled, "How to make my wife happy again after I've rearranged the living room" in order to find it.

I love him, strawberries or no strawberries, but I don't complain when they're part of the package.

2 comments :

Rebecca said...

Chocolate covered strawberries made by SOMEONE else would surely cheer unyone even remotely unhappy. That was entirely sweet of him.

Though this is your blog....I can feel the virtual levels of testosterone draining from your hubby as I read this post. hehehe

:-)

Abigail said...

I'll tell him so, but I'll also tell him I don't mind a bit!