5.29.2007

Beware of Little Things

You can expect the already unwieldy volume of snapshots to double because I now have a camera for each hand. All the snapshots from the day of Steve and Nicole's wedding onward were taken with this beauty. John's been working a lot of overtime the last few weeks, and he shocked my socks off with a camera the night before the wedding. I'm still kind of scared to use it, though my hands have stopped shaking when I remove the lens cap. He's claimed my other one, but I'll still choose it for park walks and the like because its smaller size is so handy.

The new camera has a macro feature. Here's an advance apology for becoming the person who knows nothing about photography but who takes lots of pictures of little things simply because she has a camera that allows her to do so. I'm that person, and only slightly ashamed. So look! Little things photographed on break from hanging up the clothes!





Lions.


Puffs.



Irises, soon!


This little ant was racing along like nobody's business. He's blurry because he was racing SO fast, not because I had to get the lens within an inch of him and kept tripping over my own feet trying to catch up with him.



5 comments :

Anonymous said...

Sweet camera. I like marcro too. I spend a lot of time taking close up pictures.

heidiann(e) said...

these are beatiful.

what an amazing Creator we have.

Griffen said...

Hooooorah!

Rebecca said...

Hurray for the dream camera-out of dreams and into reality!

I am coming close to mine too but I didn't pay for it in cash. I am doing the 10 months interest free financing. It's FREE money, right?!? :-) I should get mine this coming week sometimes. I can't wait.

In the meantime, YOUR PICTURES are beautiful and you must be BASKING in the joy of macro. I am a close-up kindof gal...and it only gets MORE addicting. :-)

I look forward to many fabulous, even more professional quality pictures in the days ahead-since before they were so too!

Beautiful pictures! I especially like thr first one...I usually have an eye for the flowers but I don't often see beauty like this...

Abigail said...

Those tiny flowers decorate pretty weeds, and if you look closely, you can see a camera shy bug inside (a large ant?).