5.29.2007

Yurt Dreams

After church on Sunday, we finally made it out to the fabled yurt-home of our friends Heidi and Phil. We Owens are stupid and pathetic; it's been six months since they moved in, and we just made our first visit. Their home is beautiful and perfect, and so are they. They spoiled us with the perks of seeing soon-to-be-married Ben and Amy, delicious food (and framboise!), spring water, a luxury bathhouse, two goats, helpful books and information, and Unicorn Gorge. It's only about half an hour from church, so there's no question about doing this again. After enjoying their company twice in two weeks, I could happily get used to bi-weekly visits. That is, if they hadn't already forbidden future visits from us because we leave behind a carpet of crumbs. The ants came marching twelve by twelve...


Annika likes Unkel Wirrel and is deep in conversation. (She likes Unkel Ben, too, but he mostly eats her. Who can blame him?)



I was surprised to find this picture on the camera, and I don't know who took it (Ben, maybe?). Look at those squinty nose wrinkles!



I think shopping for Ben and Amy's wedding present will be the first time that John will not only pick the gift but will enjoy doing so. Board game heaven.



Heidi has some Angelina Ballerina books from her childhood, and Millie, only newly acquainted with Angelina thanks to a gift from Grandma Owen, was excited to see them.



And excited to hear Heidi read them.



And excited to sit in the rocking chair for which Heidi wove a fabulous back and seat.

3 comments :

Liana said...

yay for a picture of Heidi's rocking chair - I love it!

Thanks for the slew of pictures, too. I will not leave comments everywhere, but again - I'm loving the adventures of your 3!

heidiann(e) said...

what a FUN fun day.

by the way, the ants have vacated. i think maybe the screech owl scared them away?

we'll rent her out as a cute, pudgy pied-piper!

Griffen said...

I scrolled through these MANY photos the other night, but knew I'd have to come back to read and comment (and knew it would take me some time)... I was glad during my quick spin through to see pictures of some of the scenes heidi has had trapped on her camera unable to post. Like this chair! And with Millie in it! What could be better?!

I'm glad you finally managed to get some shots up too, L.bug. I love your thoughts. I'd missed your face.