5.08.2007

A'Laundering

Week one: I laundered alone while my beloved cared for the sweetlings. Before I left, clad and hooded in my raincoat, Annika pointed at me and started laughing. "You wook wike one old wady, Mom." It's dull when I go to the laundromat by myself-- peaceful, but dull-- so I took an old lady picture for her to document the visit.


Week Two: Millie and Annie and I went alone, while John enjoyed Susannah's company at home.


They made faces at the strange children who live in the dryers.


They shed their slippers.


And they perched up here.


Week Three: All of us girls, back in action. This was to be a family portrait, but Millie and Annie scampered away before the click. So here we two are, lonely, me watching a scamper and Susannah watching a click.




I didn't try again, and you're all heavy with disappointment.

No comments :