5.29.2007

Birds and Beasties

On Friday, they took us to a free environmental center. It was the coolest. There were several varieties of owls, hawks, eagles, and vultures outdoors.




I thought it appropriate that our screech owl was fascinated by the owls.





Then she flew away.


Inside the restored barn, there were animal skulls of all types and sizes and from all over the world behind glass, as well as stuffed birds and animals, live birds and turtles, and, my favorite part, large shelves of skulls, exoskelotons, shells, and other curiosities intended for children (and mothers?) to touch and handle. There were even animal droppings encased in plastic. Now that's some display, eh?


Millie enjoyed the snake skin, but Annie wasn't too sure of its intent.


Susannah befriended coyotes and foxes, but ignored the looming bear.

3 comments :

heidiann(e) said...

WOW!!!

Rebecca said...

That DID look supercool!

Although-the bridge that Susannah is walking on would freak me out, bridegeaphobe that I am. The kind that are steel with holes all through them REALLY do me in-and I haven't walked on a street grait since elementary school-ever since a neighbor girl died by falling in one and getting trapped for hours.

Hmmm...you probably didn't know this about me...

Abigail said...

Nope!
Heights and bridges. I'll have to remember this...