5.08.2007

Bird

When Millie was ten months old, I became pregnant with Annika, and when Annika was ten months old, I became pregnant again. Susannah is now over 14 months old, and God hasn't seen fit to give us another yet (for those who've asked!). It's kind of strange to see this Bird baby growing into a girl without a new life within me. Look at her face, though, and you'll understand why the gift He's already given delights me to distraction.




The token spaghetti face snapshot. It had to be done, and now it's over.


She cuddles on my shoulder with a smile that would melt King Midas.

7 comments :

Liana said...

She is sooo precious!

Griffen said...

She is looking with such adoration at her mama here. What a sweet one.

Rebecca said...

What a darling look she has!!

Matt has to see this spaghetti face.

(PS. My word verification code is Engora. If memory serves me right, that is the Mother from the Munsters. Hmmm. What is this computer trying to tell me?!?)

Rebecca said...

When you said "It is kind of strange to see this Bird baby growing into a gril without a new life within me" it nailed me.

That is precisely what I have been feeling myself these days.

In fact-Matt just asked me the other day if I thought we were going to have any more kids. That he said that makes me think he is wondering-and that puts my heart in my throat.

Trying to remember that if the Lord blesses me with only two-that His will is perfect for my life. But-still hoping for more. Lots.

Abigail said...

I'm not at all anxious, but it is a bit strange, and she's only 14 months old! (If she was two, I'd be ancy as all get out!) After each of our girls was born, I thanked God for the new child and tried to imagine her being the last He would give, just in case that was His plan.

I would like a large brood, but I'm thankful for the three He's lent us so far, and I'm thankful for His timing in giving them. He knows the right moment for a new life to fit into our old groove, which makes the wondering each month a pleasant "maybe..." instead of a bite-your-nails event.

(And speaking of biting nails, this habitual nail-biter has some of modest length right now. Not that you care, but they're not at the quick!)

Anonymous said...

I see Luke in Susannah in the spaghetti face picture! It's the eyes!!!

Abigail said...

I think you're right.

It's certainly not the round face!