5.12.2007

Turtle-Bird

I tried to keep Susannah to the shallows, but she kept splashing toward the deeper rush instead, so I hedged her in puddle-pools instead of taking pictures.



While Millie ventured in, Annie was a few yards away by a mini-waterfall. (Sorry, no pictures of the Waterfall Nixie. I was keeping Susannah from drowning, remember?)


Millie found and brought home a few fossil-rocks. Fossil rocks are easily distinguished from treasure rocks by the fossils imprinted on them. All the other rocks in the universe fall into the category of "treaure-rocks."


Usually, I don't take pictures of the girls crying. If they're hurt or sad, it seems cruel and strange to take a picture. If, however, Susannah is throwing a tantrum because I won't let her walk over the small cliff to fall in the crick we just left, I think one picture is permitted.

5 comments :

sarah said...

i like it ALL!!!

Michelle said...

Mmm...Seems to me I have seen that face on Timothy a few times, too... ;)

Griffen said...

Ooooh. She looks angry, but I'm glad you did!!

Rebecca said...

I am one of those cruel mothers who takes a quick snap before I rush to them for comforting. Sometimes. Even mad she's cute!

The one of Millie holding up her dress is too cute. She looks like the water is tickling her.

Abigail said...

Angry? Who said she was angry?

She was roaring with pure fury!