5.29.2007

Up the Hill and Down Again


Right before we drove home, we went up to the pole barn to drop off the desk. Driving up Mount Hunger, I gasped at the sky and stopped the car to take a wholly inadequate picture out the driver's side window. When the golden sun burst through, I took these pictures of Scott's curious cattle (on a single hill) out of the opposite window.






Then, clouds again filled the gap and swallowed the sun. On the way down Mount Hunger, I evened the balance by taking this picture of the dark hedgerow.

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

At one point I was obsessed over taking cloud pictures. It seemed like all the time, every day, the clouds were doing awesome things, so that even when I was tired of myself taking so many pictures of them I just couldn't help keeping on doing it. I got pictures of clouds under just about every lighting condition, including some similar to this. (I guess I should start my own photo blog...) "Crepuscular rays" they're scientifically named. :P

It's funny, it seemed before that I was seing cloud scenes like this all the time. Now that I'm out of that cloud-picture-taking kick, it seems there aren't much clouds hanging around anymore, and the ones that occasionally do don't do much of note. I don't know if it's just because I'm no longer paying them the attention I used to.

Anonymous said...

Nice cloud pictures. Nice cows, too.

Rebecca said...

Whenever I am awarded with moments like these-my heart just seems to sigh within me. I am helpless to the deep breath that forms in my throat.

It is magestic.

People who claim they have no beauty in their lives need only to open their eyes a bit wider!

Abigail said...

Cadie,
If you do, you'd better let me know! I love your photos; plus, you know proper names for things I gasp at. Crepuscular rays... That's fun to say, and I can't stop muttering it to myself. :)