11.25.2009

Pop Culture Descending


When John's family came to visit in September, they took us to see a double feature of Toy Story 1 and 2 at the local theater. Neither the girls nor I had ever seen either movie, and they were in 3-D, no less, which was also our first experience. We had a blast, and our new pop culture savviness is revealed in this picture of Annika.

That morning, after slipping on her beloved cowboy boots that Millie finally outgrew (which made one girl ecstatic and the other bereaved), she said, "Mama, I wish that I had 'Andy' on my boots so that I could be a toy."

I gave a marker and my blessing, and, now, she's a real toy.

See?


(In other breaking news, John thinks that Annika's our most pop-culture-aware child, even though she refers to the characters from Toy Story as "Buzz Lightbulb" and "that cowboy" and she calls the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as "Hijit Turtles.)

4 comments :

Liana said...

too funny, because Noah recently became OBSESSED with Toy Story...and has "Woody's boots" ...they are actually look-alikes, but slippers...and have 'Andy' on the bottom. BUT, it wears off, so I'm often finding my marker, too...

TM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Titi said...

Awesome shot. This is another picture that I'd like to file under "makes me wish I had a camera and used it."

Abigail said...

Liana,
We've got to arrange for these two to meet!

Titi,
As if you have nothing else to do... :)