5.20.2011

Scattered Things I Happen to Like

...and which also happen to need a home in a post somewhere.




Jellybeans. Pounds and pounds of jellybeans.






Ladybugs on my finger and green outside to which I may move them.




Gift tags for a quarter and pompoms timely strung. Snowflakes unseated.



Growing girls who come inside with this and say, "HA! Try to call me a city girl now!"
(I also like that Annika no longer EATS them.)



The first days of flowers. Colors to entice a cat.





The last days of flowers. Rebirth to come.





The exciting discovery that tulips have ELEPHANTS inside them!





Living in a house with many windows.







Seed sprouts.







Hope uncurling.







Girls who fetch color and gather it in glass. (Everywhere...)






Blue notebooks. Blue eyes.






Riotous color backed by gray and brown.








Rainy days. Rainy nights. Rainsound.
Spring-smell. Soaked skin.








Gusts that dry clothes in no time flat.





A reading reward program that gives us tickets to the opera. Even if it was a namby-pamby, modern version of Three Billy Goats Gruff, they still sang gloriously!







Babies tasting berry shakes for the first time.







A dog who limps, but who can still run.



And run some more...



Another little girl learning to read.





Ssss. Aaaaa. Puh. Sssss. Aaaaa. Puh. SsssaaaaPuh. SAP! (I need patience. Puh. Ay. Sh. Ents.)



3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Love her seat! She's a smart bird she is!

Mary~ I still cannot find my password that is why I am Anonymous,So glad I put it somewhere I can find it!lol

Abigail said...

We got that for a dollar when Su was just a baby, and I've been meaning to re-paint it ever since. Seeing these pics, though, make me realize that it doesn't look half bad in the sunroom!

If you ever DO find your password and get back to blogging, let me know! I'd love to see pieces of your week, 'cause Sundays always seem so short.

Rebecca said...

good golly these shots are brilliant.

Out of this world amazing, Abby.