5.20.2011

Top-Secret May Day Deliveries

Or bust.

Mostly bust.

This was Piper's first year, and she escaped detection because my parents were still at church, but on three of the five drop-offs, we were spotted! I told the girls just to shout, "I'm invisible!!!" and run away, but I think we mostly confused people. Susannah even started running back to the van WITH the basket while Dakota watched. Next year, we're dropping them off at four in the morning. You'll see.




Is the May Day tradition healthy enough so that people even know why we're dropping off construction paper baskets full of flowers? I don't know.

I do know that Aunt Mae lucked out with her basket from Annie. In addition to the fresh blooms, she scored a china basket of china flowers from that week's rummage sales, as well as an affirming ribbon from the same.

1 comment :

Rebecca said...

I have always wanted to do this and have never actually gotten to it. It helps, of course, that your neighbors are FAMILY. I would like to do this someday.