11.21.2011

North Country

Too long ago now, we drove with some friends to see more friends-- my cousin Leah and her family. Our memories of time last spent with them involves visiting by candlelight, catching fireflies, and eating freshly-popped popcorn every night, so it's been a while.

We borrowed my brother's tent, and the girls enjoyed their first-ever tent sleepover. The guys set up the tent in the dark, and we woke to the vision of cow fence outside the entrance.







Thanks to McGamma's gift of a birthday pinata, which Millie saved for just this occasion, I got to watch farmboys whacking a purple castle with a big stick.




(It was worth the wait.)




The visit was not long enough, but our hosts still managed to feed us like kings at every single meal (bacon! Bacon! BACON!), teach Mildred the rudiments of spinning wool (thank you, Leah! It was a highlight for her), and serve us the richest homemade ice cream I will ever eat (those Jerseys have magic cream)



Luci enjoyed the ice cream just as much as I did,



and Leah was considerate enough to promptly serve her a heaping second helping.



On the way home, we almost took a pit stop to see an old friend who has grown into a forest,



and upon arriving home, we discovered my father's fastidious egg-gathering ritual. (Man, we just eat the things!)



Here's to next time! We love you people!

4 comments :

w. said...

I have a forest!!! I'd forgotten. This is fantastic!

sarah said...

Winona!!! And warm and cold eggs!!! And a full Fabigail-alous blog!!! Wonderful!

Abigail said...

Yeah! Winona!
Gosh, I miss reading your words. If you ever jumpstart a new blog, somebody'd better let me in on it.

Sarah-something-pants,
When cooked, the eggs tasted about the same. (I like your jubilation. It really, truly, makes blogging woth it.)

Abigail said...

You know, because blogging sometimes izzent woth it, or at leest duzzent feel woth it.