11.21.2011

You'd Better

If you don't like October, I don't understand you. What's not to like about a bounty of backyard apples, a crazy dog,




gold dripping from every branch outdoors



and indoors,



and littering the ground,



storms that take us by surprise, and a rising wind that whips off leaves and turns us wild?



The last asters,





last leaves,



last berries,




and last lace.




Pears for show but not for eating





and showy pears for show AND eating.








It's all there to like, so we did.

4 comments :

cadie said...

I love autumn... I have memories of standing in our woods with the wind making the brightly-colored trees wave until there was a roaring sound and the trees were bending. Something about the motion of the clouds and the brightness of the trees is exhilarating.

Rebecca said...

ooooh- a red wall. I want one. I have been toying with the idea of painting the upstairs hallway red or some loud burst of color-but I know the raised eyebrows that such a decision would provoke. Maybe I will anyway. That picture above just about convinces me its worth it, raised eyebrows and all.

Molly said...

Beautiful! Your pictures capture the essence of all things Autumn.

Much love!

Abigail said...

Cadie,
You've got it. Exhilarating is the word for fall. It's my favorite season, and much of that has to do with the wind.

Rebecca,
DO IT! Yes, I was shouting. It's your home, so shape it, unwanted opinions be darned.

Molly,
Thanks. I didn't post a picture of my supremely sloppy kitchen, though, which with all the canning, is an unfortunate fixture of fall's essence. :)