6.27.2014

Extra Boring Leftovers

Never buy clay for sculpting when burdocks are abundant.
 Case in point: the bear Millie built. 






Zeke loves to help make breakfast.  He dumps in way too much of everything, though.





 Millie has appointed herself Captain of Making Sure Mama's Drinking Yummy Stuff.  She makes me hot drinks and iced tea, depending on the weather, and delivers them on a tray, usually with an accompanying note.  The only glitch is the greedy vulture-boy who always swoops in as soon as she leaves the room.






And here he is again, ignoring his newborn brother for the sake of the hospital bed.  (Wouldn't you, though?  Those beds are awesome.)





Zeke refused to go near Aidan when he visited us in the penitentiary hospital.  When he finally did sidle close and stroke his head, he immediately walked over to the hospital cart, got some wipes, and cleaned off the cooties.









Millie made me the most delicious chocolate-coated coconut candies and delivered them to the hospital room before we were able to come home.  I planned to take a picture of them so I could post the recipe on buildabelly, but I polished off the last one at four-thirty in the morning.  Sorry.  Here's a picture I took of the empty plate before John came to pick us up.





Mopsy held Aidan for the first time as soon as we walked in the door.






He looked pretty small in his baptism outfit, huh?  (For comparison, here's Zeke at a few days old, wearing the same outfit.)





The Papa.





Attempting to dig  holes in the upper garden and flowerbeds is just as frustrating this year as it always is, but while a six-inch-deep hole still yields this many rocks near the house, 


 

the lower garden IS A BREEZE.  I dug over 60 holes and only harvested a few tiny piles of rocks.  THIS IS WONDERFUL.  


Zeke is as smoochy as ever.  This is also good news.





The tomatoes we started from seed may look pitiful to you, but they were fully three times the size of the seedlings I planted last year.  Hurrah!  More good news.




2 comments :

heidiann(e) said...

1) I LOVE the burdock bear.
2) Millie has a gift, clearly, as a lactation-support angel! Tea? Chocolate coconut candies? That gal knows what's going on.
3) Zeke smooches = so precious.
4) Aidan anything ... oh my. Sweeter than coconut.

Abigail said...

1. Me, too.
2. With her help, I'll have Aidan plumped into a sausage in no time (here's hoping!).
3. Those smooches are my favorite.
4. He's my favorite, too.

5. I have lots of favorites.