9.07.2015

Odd(bodkins) Light


Shifting from dark and glowering to bright and golden, the sky just couldn't decide which to be, so it settled on both at once.






The children didn't mind and played the way carefree beings do.  (No longer as carefree, I'm still free to hide behind a bush and take snapshots.  So I did.)
























There's a Mildred body wrapped up in that blue cocoon.














All seven in one frame!   That's a feat worth noting.




Luci gathers chamomile for winter teas.




They count the yellow swallowtail caterpillars devouring our baby dill plants (there were over a dozen!).  Under my orders, they transferred them to Queen Anne's Lace so we'd have dill for pickle-making.




Light dimming for twilight.




And to round out that magically lit evening, here's an unrelated picture of the baby flopping onto clothes as I try to fold mountains of laundry, because he likes to try my patience.


2 comments :

trawlerman said...

That's almost exactly how the blog post about me starts!

Shifting from dark and glowering to bright and golden, the guy just couldn't decide which to be, so he settled on both at once.

Abigail said...

Your blog post even ends the same way as this one!
"...because he likes to try my patience."

Ooshy goosh.