5.11.2006

Millie

Yesterday, a folded cuddler in my arms with legs swinging over the sides, I wondered at how my baby grew into this long-limbed girl. Minutes later, she's a little mother true, holding Susannah in her arms, with eyes so tender they break my heart. Sweetness and strength of will mix, and I love her in all her ways.

*All morning, she's been leading Annika around on a leash and telling me (calling me no longer 'mama' but MARLENE) that her doggie has a doctor's appointment. I don't believe we know anyone named Marlene.

2 comments :

Leah said...

Abby,

You're not the only one who can't believe our oldest babies are no longer babies! John will soon be 4 and I wonder where those years went! Wasn't it just a few months ago you were living in Greene and Scott and I were making occasional trips to visit you, John, and Millie?

A couple days ago, Monday I guess, John was playing with a piece of string. Noah was playing with a laundry basket. John decided he was going to tie the string onto the basket. He then climbed into the rope and began pulling the basket with Noah inside all around my mom's living room. He was the horse and the basket was a wagon!

I can just imagine what fun our little ones will have together once you guys get moved and settled!

Abigail said...

It will be so good to be back, roasting meat over the fire, words wafting in the night, and littler ones asleep in our arms while Millie and John hunt coyotes!

Little John's got to teach our townie girls how to milk cows, too.