8.28.2006


With only a day and a half's notice, Titi magically sewed this Fancy Dress for Mildred. Words can't do it proper justice, but it's enough to know that I hand-washed it two times in three days so that she didn't have to part from it. It is almost floor-length, though in this photo, Millie inexplicably hitched it up to sit down. (Deirdre's Fancy Dress was also made by Titi as a birthday gift, and those stuffed animals were pulled from a large bag slung over Mopsy's shoulders-- a female Claus.)

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Ha, that's funny. Deirdre and Millie are cocking their heads in exactly the same way.

And the reason why Abby had to handwash the dress is because she only gave me two days notice, so I didn't manage to finish the inside seams before I gave it to Millie. (In fact, I sewed the buttons on it in the car while Lachlan drove.) A half-completed birthday present--but once the seams get finished, the dress can be machine washed. After all, I expected the dress to get dirty--girls can't have fun and stay clean at the same time.

Abigail said...

I'm glad you understand the need for dirt under fingernails and on dresses, even Fancy ones! :)