11.30.2006

Flip Side

This makes all the frivolity on my blog stand out in sharp relief; please forgive that frivolity as you understand my need to break from idle fluff to post this.

I graduated from the small, Christian high school that my youngest sister still attends, where everybody hears news of everyone else, even years later. A boy a grade below me married one of my high school friends, and they just learned last week that he has Stage 3 cancer that has spread to his lungs, liver, and lymph nodes. They have 2 small children. He's 26 years old.

I'm sure they're swimming in a sea of conflicting emotion right now. They need comfort and courage and strength and hope. Please pray that God will give them all four in heaping measure, and that it be His good pleasure to heal his body while He upholds his heart.

3 comments :

Griffen said...

Will do.

Rebecca said...

What a horrible thing to have to face. So sad. I will be praying, for sure.

Wendy said...

This breaks my heart--I will most definately keep him in my daily prayers! Keep us updated!!