11.11.2006

Embarrassingly Needless, More So At This Hour.

Company's comin' round the mountain tomorrow morning, which explains in part why my eyes are open at this so-late-it's-early time. I've applied all manner of cleaning linament to our home, and it flexes its oiled joints in satisfaction. (A word to my last batch of company: I dispersed the cobwebby wisps on the landing, scoured the grimy fridge, and dusted the bottle collection. I apologize for not completing these tasks in time for your visit.)

Cheesecake and cookies are cooling, pizza dough is in the fridge, and the kitchen floor, blushing in an uncommon, mostly clean (and, therefore, scandalously exposed) state, is drying. What wiser way could I spend these moments at quarter past two than by attending to another neglected area of life?

Enter, snapshots, and welcome.

(Next week, I really should do more on this thing than point to all the check marks on my domestically dangerous to-do list, ehh?)

2 comments :

Rebecca said...

unrelated as it is, I leave these questions for you anyway.

1) What photo program do you use? I don't see the picasa emblem anymore so I wondered if you may have switched.

2) When you post your photos-do you post last first or vice versa? I am always amazed by how thought out the order is if it is last first. I always seem to make mistakes like that.

Anyway. Just curious. I can't upload pictures from blogger directly, Hello no longer works for me (for some weird reason) and Picasa requires a title to each photo, which I despise.

BTW~Congrats on the hospitality preps. You have energy levels that I can hardly fathom! Hope you have a great time with your company!

Abigail said...

I still use Bloggerbot through Picasa's Hello (there's an option in Hello's settings that allows you to post pictures without the Hello emblem). Bloggerbot is being removed after Christmas, though, so I'm going to have to switch to something else. I may switch to Flickr, but probably not (because the beauty of Bloggerbot is that I can post several pictures a minute if I don't take the time to write lengthy captions, and Flickr would take longer).

I always post last picture first because that's how Hello is set up. I quickly look through the pictures to see what chronological order they should be in, and then I wing the captions as I post. Sometimes, I mess up the order or write a confusing caption, but then I go to my Blogger page. If you edit any particular post, you can then click on "post and comment options" and change the time of posting (you may already know this). This is how I fix the mistakes in picture order that happen from time to time (i.e. every time I post a slew of pictures).

My energy levels lie stagnant until they're needed. This means I have six days of laziness to every one day of work, instead of the living properly, which is the other way 'round.