11.25.2006


We spent Thanksgiving at my family's little house in Nanticoke. All my brothers and sisters and the tuzzins were there (except Pete and Sarah and the boys because Pete was on call). This created a house crammed with people and noise and food, and it was thoroughly wonderful.One nice thing (for us girls, at least) about having Thanksgiving at Mopsy's this year is that she does most of the work. We brought desserts and sides, while she rose up early to put the turkey in and made 13 pounds of mashed potatoes. (Debbie made four, and I made three. She wins. Pumpkin, pecan, wild raspberry, apple, peaches and cream, sweet squash, and tart cherry. Oh, yum.)

2 comments :

Full of Grace said...

Look at all those delicious pies- you beat me, I only made two, one for Thanksgiving, and one for the day after :)

Abigail said...

There were a lot of mouths to munch those pies... Your making "one for the day after" was wise. I made do with some of Debbie's leftover pecan for breakfast with a smidge of cherry and several smidges of apple. Next year, I should just make an extra pie!