8.08.2010

Home Again


Home is where my Heart is. This has been so since a windy day in October nearly nine years ago.

It's strange to now have a place of board and batten-- a Home within a home. God has given me many unlooked-for material blessings in the last year, but I can say with straight-arrow Knowing that if He took it all away tomorrow, I'd still be overwhelmed by the better good He left behind in the shape of John and the girls.

Thank you, Father, for a home. Thank you yet more for my Home.


We're at the end of a wonderful week with our Owen family in Long Island. John and I went on two (two) dates by ourselves (alone), we all swam in the ocean, and we were spoiled with attention and much too much good food. We will be sad to leave tomorrow but glad to return to the hilltop where swallows dip and swoop, their tail feathers decrescendos and crescendos as they enter and leave the upper coop, where an evening jog takes me to the crest of the hill, and I find myself suspended in the center of a colossal balance, the setting sun a vast orange weighing down the west and the moon a silver plum weighing down the east, and where the chores and tasks and joys of home are waiting.

*Actually, we leave today! I've nearly pulled an all-nighter to post all these snapshots. Now that's dedication... And for Sandra the Delurker, welcome! I love lurkers delurked! I don't have internet connection at home, so John's iPod is no use to me, but I'll strike a deal. If five people de-lurk in the next week or so, I'll hie me to a computer somewhere and put up another post in the next few weeks. (This is akin to Abraham pleading for Sodom and Gomorrah...a long shot.) Otherwise, see you all in December!

** Nine months worth of pictures is an awful lot.

18 comments :

Rundy said...

I vote for the posts, even though I don't count as the lurker.

My sympathy on the chicken deaths. Know a lot about that experience...

~Kim said...

I will de-lurk if it will mean more posts! :-) I don't remember how I discovered your blog, but have been so enjoying the snapshots that tell of your family adventures, fun, love and faith for a few years now. God bless you and please don't wait until December to share more of your joy! :-)

Anonymous said...

de-lurking for more photos too...
Please post some more. Like Kim, I can't remember how I found your site but I do love the photos of your girls and your life. Gorgeous!
Melissa from NZ

Anonymous said...

I will also delurk if it means more photos!! I am the sister of one of your well known and unafraid to comment readers, Torie.

Dee from ND

Unknown said...

Okay, I'm the fifth! I just about peed my pants with glee when I saw that you have posted again. It's been a long time and I've wondered how you and your sweet family have fared over the months!

WE WANT MORE people pictures and word pictures :o) !!!

Unknown said...

i am not a lurker...i'm one of those who wants to make you feel guilty for not posting (haha...like I can even begin to do that cause i'm worlds most unfaithful blogger!!)......all that's to say I'm SO thrilled that you're blogging again! Lily and I sat down and scrolled through all the gorgeous, adorable, silly, precious pictures! And she annouced to me she wants to come visit "such fun girls" when we go to the states :) so anyway, you made my day :)

Anonymous said...

Abby, Love the posts!!! I am so thankful to be one of the dare I say lucky ones to be able to see the wonderful & beautiful little ducklings on Sundays and of course the beautiful mother duck.
When you all walk in together to church all I can think of is "Make way for ducklings". So Blessed to have a friend who is such a Godly example like you.
Love the pic of the house at night w/the windows lit up and the one of Piper w/all the headbands is so her. I cannot help to say that the pic w/ John & Lucy she looks just like her Papa! the second one though she does look like you from the side view. Well enough already, see you all Sunday! Mary Jones

alltheposts said...

I WISH I could de-lurk for your photo promise, but I can't. I see my sister did and I know her friend Amy lurks so she better comment!!!

Warner said...

Serious lurker Warner checking in, SIR!

It seems silly that a best friend from college should be so shamefully silent on your blog, but such is my internet presence anywhere but Galcon. However, if de-lurking will encourage more posts I will tiptoe out of my lurkum for this brief moment to say that I DO read your blog eagerly even if I never comment on it. ;)

Cate said...

I'm here, I'm here!! I lurk often, and miss you in your long silences...your family is too beautiful to not get an eye full of as often as possible. So I have delurked!

Farmgirl said...

I've been checking and checking for updates! I'm glad to finally see some. You're welcome to encourage me to do the same, although I do have a computer and I don't have any problem posting waaaay more than is necessary (shameless plug?). Please post. I like your stuff.

Molly said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I am THRILLED to see your new posts and wonderful photos! I must agree with all of the comments made before me...I look so forward to your posts and pics. They truly put the sunshine into a gray day. How comforting to see your poetic prose again and to view your beautiful life! God Bless!

Art Teacher said...

What's a lurker? I think I am one... b/c every week for the last 3 years I come back to this place hoping that you have updated. I love your blog, please come back soon. ~Carly

sarah said...

Hooray!!!!!!!!! My computer is not working at all, and I just now got on after a looonnnng time, and I can't imagine anything better than PICTURES!!!!
I love it!

rlbuckwalter said...

I love it when you catch up the blog with tons of pictures! Your girls are so beautiful.

Melanie said...

I'll delurk to tell you to post more often, Abigail :)

I love your blog and was so excited to get pages of new photos!

Anonymous said...

De-lurking! Love your talent! Thanks for sharing.

Patty in OK

Michelle said...

Delurking here! I am glad to see you posting again, Abby. :) Makes me want to kick myself into high gear and start giving some attention to my well-neglected blog...

I am SO SO happy for you guys! I wish we were still up there to properly celebrate with you on getting the new place. It is such a blessing. Please post more photos of it when you can. I'm interested to see how it looks on the inside!