8.08.2010

Take That, Uncle Sam!

Yup, I turned 31 on Tax Day. The water's fine; hop right in.

The extra-fine part, though, was the love of my oldest daughter, both her love for me and her love of baking.




She made a two-layer chocolate cake from scratch (with some brow furrows along the way), popped the layers out of the pans, filled them with pudding, made homemade peppermint buttercream frosting, and, to top it off, frosted a cake by herself for THE VERY FIRST TIME.

I love the flour on her nose.










5 comments :

cadie said...

I love these pictures, and, I already said it in a different comment, but I'm so amazed at her doing all of that! That sounds like a complicated enough cake for a much older much bigger kid . . . like say, me. :P

Unknown said...

It's obvious she is imitating the love, affection, and giving that she receives! What a sweet daughter!

Liana said...

how wonderful! Great job, Millie!

Griffen said...

I really just can't get over this. She's just an amazing little girl.

Kate said...

It's amazing kids like your daughters, who are allowed the freedom to do things that make me lament the constant coddling of the children I nannied.