7.06.2013

Greenwood: July Fourth

While John headed for the hiking trails with Zeke, the girls, Deb, and I made a beeline for the water.  We'd been working in the garden all morning, so the choice was simple.








And, lo, who should arise from the watery depths but Uncle Squirrel, Aunt Heidi, Sigrid (in a sunbonnet!), and Heidi's mom!  It was serendipity at its finest, and in my excitement, my words tripped and tumbled all over.  To prove that this happy occasion took place, I played paparazzi and took a picture of Phil, Annie, and Some Strange Moustachioed Man in the swimmer's section.  (Sorry, Phil.  Bloggers are weird and will conquer the world.)


 


Later, Deb held my camera and took some great pictures while I braved the waist-deep perils of the non-swimmers section with my non-swimmers.  Ezekiel clung to me like a baby koala, but I'll make a water baby of him yet.

 



 




I will take this cuddle-bug and his cuddles any time I get them.  (I could do without the nasty sunburn, but the cuddles can stay.)
















I'm going to give Debbie my camera more often.  I'm like the Abominable Snowman or maybe Sasquatch, but these prove that I exist.  Also, I love this next picture.  Piper had just informed me that the reason why Ezekiel was scared was because he was afraid a shark might bite him.  Who knew Greenwood held such excitement?


 

 
I shouldn't have laughed at her, I guess.  This last picture proves the danger. 


5 comments :

Abigail said...

p.s. To anyone who knew my mother 30 years ago: Yes, that is her bathing suit.

p.p.s. To anyone who read my peony post: Yes, there are PINK flowers on my mother's old bathing suit, and I'm wearing it, anyway.

Full of Grace said...

Those photos are just precious of you with your littlest tyke :) As for you..holy cow lady, you are SLIM! Like WAY SLIM!! Theres pretty much only a shadow of you! WHo would ever guess your brood came from your body!!

heidiann(e) said...

loved seeing you all.
and loved that suit.

Liana said...

Oh Abigail. You are beautiful, peonies & all.

Abigail said...

Elizabeth,
Thanks for calling it "slim" instead of "scrawny chicken." A combination of running, gardening, and hot weather always takes off a few pounds for me, but I'm a hardcore winter insulator, so look for a plumper version in a few months. :)

Heidi,
Again. Let's do it again!

Liana,
It's been too long! You are too kind. The brightness of that pink must have blinded you.