7.06.2013

Irresistible


Annie lured me outside with the force of her excitement.  She insisted I wouldn't have to walk back to the puddle and that she could demonstrate in the driveway.  When I saw her begin to fall, I insisted we walk back to the puddle.



 


There, she gave a proper demonstration.




And another.  And another.






Nan, I must have passed along something to the girl, because she enjoyed this sort of rebellious behavior, too.  Mud-sliding?  Can you imagine?!













Oh, well, what's a mama to do.  Anything less than enjoyment of her pleasure would be hypocritical.  (I should have joined her.)







While I was by the puddle, I checked on the pumpkins and the sunflower fort, and, indeed, they were successfully drowning.








2 comments :

Titi said...

". . .and indeed, they were successfully drowning. . ." !!! At least you've set appropriate goals for them!

Annie has control over her body that I've only ever had (and will ever have) in my dreams, and I mean that quite literally. I suspect someday I will discover that, like in my dreams, Annie has discovered how to fly. You'll post pictures, and I will think, "My, watch Annie fly. It must feel like me dreams." I remember trying desperately to learn to fall flat backward on a huge pile of couch cushions, and could never manage it even then, never mind with a puddle. Or a driveway.

Abigail said...

I love this comment. It would be something if I looked up one day and saw Annie soaring through the yard, and it's a pleasure just to imagine!

While I haven't yet seen Annika fly, I have seen her do things that make me glad she's not in a sports-obsessed family, because she'd be on the fast track to Olympic-level gymnastics by now and would completely miss out on the childhood joys of puddle-playing. God has definitely given her a gift in the physical abilities department. (One of the things she wants to be when she grows up is a circus arialist. If tomorrow we sent her away to Italy to live with a circus family until she's 16, I think she could do it!)