7.19.2013

The Hairs Are Cut

He looked good, if a bit wet, from the right side.



 



Luci proudly displayed the new model from the front.  Yup, still cute.  So where's the flaw?


 



Uh, oh.   You're pointing the wrong way, sport.


 



You should be pointing right here, at the bold razor stripe your Mama gave your left side when you lunged mid-snip.


 



Let's just focus on his little, fishy face, shall we?


 



(I think he looks a bit like my brother Pete here.)


 



Let's review the rules.  You may admire this cute boy from any side except the left.  The left side is off limits until further notice, by order of the High Barberess.


 


6 comments :

Titi said...

The rule for very first boy-haircuts is: if there was no blood, it was a good haircut!

Abigail said...

YES!!!! I am glad to hear this, and I hope to give many good haircuts in the future, as well.

Rebecca said...

Oh golly- those last three pictures of Zeke's sweet, sweet face are too cute!

And I can't even imagine how hard cutting hair is when trying to do an actual hair style. You know my method- buzz cut it all. (I am such a cheater.)

Titi said...

If you get enough practice (which I almost rather hope you won't, since in my cases it means 9 heads of hair every 4-6 weeks), you would be surprised to learn you can get a whole haircut done (very nicely) in 8-12 minutes, depending on the owner of the hair. No blood, and no razor stripes. But lots (and lots, since you have nine heads to trim) of hair all over you. You might rather the razor stripes. . .

Abigail said...

It's the jerky wiggles more than using scissors and comb that makes it hard. Maybe next time I'LL take the buzz cut route!

Titi,
If it means God gives 8 more children, I'll take the practice, and welcome! If it means I'm cutting 8 other neighborhood heads of hair, though, I'm out. I'll leave the efficient hair cutting talents to you and barbers, and gladly.

Titi said...

I don't mind the boys, but haircuts are never fun. (I wouldn't regret your 8 more children, but I'd pity you or your barber at haircutting time!) I do use electric clippers, but don't bring it down to a buzz cut, most of the time. In the summer, often the boys want it shorter, but mostly I like to keep it a little longer on top than on the sides.